Businesses and organisations in Portsmouth can apply for up to £4,000 to support sustainable travel, for business journeys and to enable employees to walk and cycle to and from work more easily.
Our city continues to have high levels of harmful air pollution. One of the most significant sources of pollution in Portsmouth is road traffic. By making a switch to greener, cleaner, healthier travel modes your business will contribute towards cleaner air in Portsmouth.
The benefits of sustainable travel are not limited to improved air quality. Creating a more sustainable future for your business can save you money by lowering your operational costs and help you to provide a healthier future for your employees. For example, you can:
- Free up car parking spaces
- Reduce traffic congestion on busy city roads
- Save money by using e-bikes, cargo bikes, pool bikes
- Reduce the environmental footprint of your business
- Improve employees’ health and wellbeing – increased walking and cycling could also help to reduce sick days
To find out more about the scheme , please read the brochure below:
Applications to the Workplace sustainable travel fund are now closed. If you have recently applied, thank you for your interest. We will inform you of our decision by Friday 10 December 2021.
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com