Cycle repair stations are now available across the city to help cyclists and those who use a wheelchair or a pram to inflate tyres and make small repairs.
Each station is equipped with a variety of tools plus an air pump and a set of guidance for usage. Tools include a Phillips screwdriver, flat screwdriver, T25 Torx – screwdriver, adjustable spanner, flat wrench 8×10 mm, flat wrench 13×15 mm, hex key set, tyre levers (plastic with steel core).
Repair stands can be found in the following locations (see map):
- Eastern Road cycle path
- Fratton Bridge
- Hampshire Terrace (near Mercantile House)
- Broad Street (near The Point)
- Devonshire Square
- Albert Road (near Victoria Road South junction)
- Clarence Esplanade (near Clarence Pier)
- South Parade
- Eastney Esplanade/Henderson Road
Those using the stations are reminded to sanitise their hands before and after use, and maintain a social distance of two metres from other users to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.