- Overall, 60% of respondents cycle along Elm Grove and Kings Road, 11% cycle in Portsmouth but not along Elm Grove and Kings Road, and 29% do not cycle in Portsmouth at all.
- More visitors than residents cycle along Elm Grove and Kings Road (64% compared to 48%).
- The safety of the routes and preferring quieter routes are the two main reasons why visitors and residents do not cycle along Elm Grove and Kings Road.
- Not having a bike was the main reason that residents and visitors do not cycle in Portsmouth (41% and 36% respectively).
- Other popular reasons included concern about the safety of the routes and not being confident.
- ‘Other’ comments left by visitors and residents included having a disability or health reason stopping them from cycling (36%), their age (16%), preferring to walk (9%) and cycling being too dangerous (9%).
Do you ever cycle in Portsmouth?
What is stopping you from cycling along Elm Grove and Kings Road?
What is stopping you from cycling to destinations in Portsmouth?
|Prefer to walk instead||9%|
|People cycle dangerously||8%|
|Need vehicle for work||7%|
|Lack confidence cycling||4%|