- Parking problems was the most commonly selected negative impact of the trial cycle lane by businesses (95%), residents (90%) and visitors (78%).
- Businesses also experienced issues with deliveries (79%), more traffic in the area (37%) and a decrease in footfall (32%).
- Over half of residents also reported more traffic in the area (52%) and no improvements to cycling safety (52%), with high proportions of visitors reporting the same (41%, 45%).
In which of the following negative ways has the trial cycle lane impacted your daily business activities/experience of living on, visiting, or travelling through Elm Grove/Kings Road since it was introduced?
Other responses from businesses
Six business representatives left negative ‘other’ comments which included:
- A reduction in customers/interest in their business
- Concerns about losing money
- Customers having difficulty parking
- Poor design of the cycle lane
- Increasing danger for parents dropping their children to the nursery
Other responses from residents and visitors
|wdt_ID||Negative ‘other’ responses||%|