A predominately quantitative online survey was launched on Tuesday 10 November and open until Sunday 22 November.
It was promoted through various marketing and communications to maximise consultation engagement and subsequent response rate:
- Portsmouth City Council social media platforms
- 3000 letters were delivered to residents and businesses in the local area (see definitions below)
- Visits to businesses
- Portsmouth City Council email marketing distribution lists
- Emails to everyone that requested updates in wave one
- Media release encouraging participation
The research sought feedback about the temporary cycle lane from three cohorts of respondents, these included:
- Businesses (companies with premises directly on Elm Grove/Kings Road or connecting roads)
- Residents (people that live directly on Elm Grove/Kings Road or connecting roads)
- Visitors (people that travel to/through the area from other areas of Portsmouth or from outside the city)
In total 1,429 people interacted with the survey.