This brand new bike share scheme gives thousands of people the chance to enjoy two-wheeled travel.
The scheme, called ‘Beryl Bikes by Breeze’, allows you to hire pedal bike for local journeys or an e-bike for a longer journey, without the need to own and store a bike yourself across Portsmouth, Southampton and on the Isle of Wight.
This means you have another greener way to travel across the city, so you’re helping to tackle the climate emergency, while improving your health and reducing the number of cars on the road. By the end of summer 2023, there will be 360 bikes spread across 90 bays within Portsmouth.
To get started, download the free Breeze app on Google Play (Android) or the App Store (iPhone). You’ll also be able to rent Voi rental e-scooters on the app, as well as organise your travel on a variety of public transport. For more information read the Frequently asked questions below or visit the Beryl website.
Top tips for a safe ride
- Only ride on roads, cycle paths and shared-use paths
- Never ride on pavements that are only for walking
- Always wear a helmet if you can for your safety
- Follow the Highway Code
- Never drink and ride
- Never ride with more than one person on the bike or e-bike
- Wear reflective or light-coloured clothing if cycling at night, or in conditions where other road users may struggle to see you
- For guidance on quieter routes visit trv-quieter-routes-cycle-map.pdf (portsmouth.gov.uk)
- For more cycling information visit https://www.portsmouth.gov.uk/services/parking-roads-and-travel/travel/cycling-around-portsmouth/
Map of Beryl Bikes by Breeze bays
You can see a map here of all locations where you can rent a Beryl e-bicycle or pedal bicycle: